Splash Ameraucana hatching eggs

Really? How do you know this and where would the better stock be? I love the Marans and would like to eventually get the Lavendar Ameraucana's also.
A friend bought stock and most where blind and other had other deformities. The ones I hatched one was blind and one had scissor beak the male wasnt two copies of blue egg gene as it through a brown egg layer daughter.

Yay! How was the experience. I’d love to see pictures if you have any handy!
It was great. They responded quickly to emails, they sent a refund when they didn't have the full number of Maran's I ordered. They also sent an extra of one of the other chicken breeds I ordered to make up for the Maran. I originally ordered 4 French Copper Maran's and 4 Blue Black Splash Ameraucana's and 2 Olive egger's. I received a total of 11 chicks. They are all beautiful colors and so fun to watch running around.
0802DA7F-C644-4E69-A663-9694E5244AC7.jpg
681BE353-3ED2-4EFE-86C4-579B2DB977F7.jpeg
68FAD44E-7E5F-4A87-9FE5-1568DCF7683A.jpeg
C26FD897-0754-4416-9FCE-72DDAE36AF1B.jpeg

A friend bought stock and most where blind and other had other deformities. The ones I hatched one was blind and one had scissor beak the male wasnt two copies of blue egg gene as it through a brown egg layer daughter.
That is really sad. We have not noticed any problems yet. We have one that is very tiny and seems not as energetic as the rest. I have been trying to supplement that one with occasional egg yoke and I also did the molasses water to give it energy. I'm going to grab some of the water supplement packets to give them more good nutrients. But so far we are happy with the chicks. I will watch for the above mentioned problems.

It was great. They responded quickly to emails, they sent a refund when they didn't have the full number of Maran's I ordered. They also sent an extra of one of the other chicken breeds I ordered to make up for the Maran. I originally ordered 4 French Copper Maran's and 4 Blue Black Splash Ameraucana's and 2 Olive egger's. I received a total of 11 chicks. They are all beautiful colors and so fun to watch running around. View attachment 3306971View attachment 3306972View attachment 3306973View attachment 3306975

That is really sad. We have not noticed any problems yet. We have one that is very tiny and seems not as energetic as the rest. I have been trying to supplement that one with occasional egg yoke and I also did the molasses water to give it energy. I'm going to grab some of the water supplement packets to give them more good nutrients. But so far we are happy with the chicks. I will watch for the above mentioned problems.
They are very cute! Thanks for sharing pictures. They make me want to dust off my incubator and hatch some eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom