Splash pullet...what breed(s) am I?

WyoChickenMamma

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Here is a picture of one of my pullets. I know her coloring is called a splash, but I am unsure of what breed if any she might be. As you can see, she has a single comb, red earlobes and yellow legs. She is almost ready to lay...I hear her singing and see her checking out the laying boxes.
smile.png

98950_splash_pullet.jpg

Zaxby's2 :

Maybe a splash rock? Do they have those?

I know they come in blue so they must come in splash. Thats what I was thinking too.​

Quote:
I bought her from a fella in Greeley, Colorado. He mostly raises organic meat birds, but this year he had some New Hampshire Reds, some naked necks and then a few of these splash or white ones running around. I bought 10 birds from him, 8 reds, this splash and the naked neck. They are all great birds. I am assuming he got them from a hatchery.

I guess I could call the guy back and ask him if he knew. I just think she is cute, I just named her Cruella of the Coop de Ville Farm.
smile.png

Quote:
Okay..if it is a Cornish X, should I be prepared for her to just die off suddenly? I have read some ugly things on the internet about people thinking they are getting rocks or leghorns and end up with cornish X's. She doesn't seem to be any bigger than the other girls I bought with her that he said all came to him at the same time. Will she even lay eggs if she is a cornish X???

Quote:
Okay..if it is a Cornish X, should I be prepared for her to just die off suddenly? I have read some ugly ernet about people thinking they are getting rocks or leghorns and end up with cornish X's. She doesn't seem to be any bigger than the other girls I bought with her that he said all came to him at the same time. Will she even lay eggs if she is a cornish X???

shouldn

no she wont die all of a sudden. i raised cornish cross meat birds b4 but they were bred for just meat and died early cuz they grew so quick. urs looks like just a common cornish cross, idk what she could b crossed with. She should lay eggs, dnt c y she wouldnt. lol hope this helps. i could b wrong on hur breed

Back
Top Bottom