Splash Silkie Pictures

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KinderKorner, Aug 6, 2010.

1. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I know I post pictures all the time. But it was a nice day, and my camera was just calling my name. lol

It was really hot outside, so they were panting, and they are not cleaned up. But they are still lovely birds.

I still haven't gotten good pictures that capture their real beauty, their crests are huge. Soon I have to try getting pictures while they free range in the yard. It's hard to get pictures in their little silkie coop. Seeing as the roof is only 3ft. lol

[​IMG]
    Here is my Light Splash pullet. Not laying yet. She has to be 4-5 months old I would think. Not full grown. I still think she has the lav gene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blue Rooster. The breeder told me he is suppose to be a lav split.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What a big head, and nice feathered feet.

[​IMG]
    My favorite hen.

[​IMG]
    So cute.

[​IMG]
    So soft.

Thought I would add in apretty lilly picture I took today.
    [​IMG]

2. KinderKorner

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    3 of their eggs were due to hatch yesterday. I candled them and two were unfertile, and one died early on.

I guess I'm going to have to trim some fluff. I can't wait to hatch babies out from them.

3. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    very pretty do you only have splash and blue or do you have black as well?

4. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Beautiful! I wish I could reach right into the computer and touch them----sooooooo soft looking

5. KinderKorner

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    At the time I only have Splash and Blue.

But I have a blue pullet that is 4-5 months old. So hoping to get some blacks from her. I personally think the blacks are ugly. Blues too.... But breeding splash to splash isn't the best. So I use a blue rooster on Splash hens.

I have a lav chick, and 4 little blues growing up. I will pick the best blue or two and keep. And I will either put the lav in there also, or make another pen and get me some blacks.

I also have whites. But I don't dare take pictures of them right now. lol They have been broody for months, and they look so awful at this moment. haha

6. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:None of my eggs were fertile until I strategically de-fluffed them. Now I've got 14 babies.

7. KinderKorner

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I think thats what I will have to do. It just saddens me to cut off any fluff. lol

But it's either that or never get chicks. I suppose.

8. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    You've got some cuties!!!![​IMG]

9. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

If you want better fertility and babies you got two options [​IMG] - buzz the fluffy butted females, or AI and molest your chickens [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

wow, amazing silkies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by