Splash Wyandottes cockerel vs pullet?

blondie55555

Chirping
Feb 14, 2023
These are my first baby chicks raised. Wondering if the color alone would distinguish if cockerel or pullet? I have 2 of ea-11 weeks old and they have been these colors from early on. Thinking left is cockerel? They are much bigger than the other 2. Or can some pullets be that color also? My adult splash hens are the color on right. I can post additional pictures if color alone is not a determining factor. Thanks for your help. IMG_7453.png IMG_7457.png

Yes, they are blue laced red. Just confirming the color on the left always designates only cockerel and the right only pullet? Since they all were these colors at a few days old, I determined cockerels and pullets easily. Checking to see if I was correct for next time.

Also what do think the 2 gold laced are-cockerel or pullet? I love this group of chicken lovers.

Attachments

• IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7435.jpeg
    IMG_7435.jpeg
    606.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7442.jpeg
    IMG_7442.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7439.jpeg
    IMG_7439.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 6
Yes, they are blue laced red. Just confirming the color on the left always designates only cockerel and the right only pullet? Since they all were these colors at a few days old, I determined cockerels and pullets easily. Checking to see if I was correct for next time.

Also what do think the 2 gold laced are-cockerel or pullet? I love this group of chicken lovers.
Cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom