Spoiled free ranging Flock of 6 in Central Florida need a new home

The original coop is still together but not in great shape, it's 32" wide x 70" long x 45" tall with a little run attached (43" x 45" x 18"):
View attachment 1618547

The newer coop that we got for the comets (although they all share both coops now randomly) is still in great shape. It's 26" wide x 53" long and 40" tall:
View attachment 1618551

Nice! I would like to get both coops, but I would have to borrow a trailer.
Would you be able to meet up in DeLand? We would be meeting about in the middle of each other. I don't know when we could meet up. Maybe this weekend?

If you don't mind me asking, why are you Rehoming your girls?

Nice! I would like to get both coops, but I would have to borrow a trailer.
Would you be able to meet up in DeLand? We would be meeting about in the middle of each other. I don't know when we could meet up. Maybe this weekend?

If you don't mind me asking, why are you Rehoming your girls?

This weekend should work, possibly Saturday? It depends on what I can get a hold of to move the coops, we only have a van and it's not big enough.
We need to re-home them due to "doctors orders". Last week I had an appointment with my pulmonary doctors at the Mayo, they want to rule out that my illness is not "avian protein allergy" related, ie Poultry Dust. It's frustrating because they can't say for sure that it's the chickens, but they need to make sure.
We will really miss them :(

I'm sorry about you having to rehome due to health issues. :hugs
We can most likely do Saturday. I'm in the same boat with getting large enough transportation. We have a trailblazer but we still need a trailer for the coops.
Would the Walmart in DeLand work?

All of my young ones are in my fenced-in area during the day for protection, 20+ growing chicks are hard to wrangle up at night when free ranging, I'll have your girls separate from my existing flock for a month for everyones sake. Then they will be introduced to my flock. I have a thread that I will post your girls on here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/js-2018-chicks.1275088/#post-20506716

Last edited:
We have 6 wonderful, healthy girls; 2 Buff Orpingtons about 4yo and 4 Golden Comets about 2yo. Sadly we need to find them a new safe & happy home. We are asking around locally, but we need to have them re-homed very soon so I thought that I would also reach out to this great community.
They are spoiled rotten, given extra treats daily and have always been free ranging. We originally had 4 Orpingtons, lost 2 so decided to get the 4 comets about 2 years ago. They are still egg layers. We are in the Brevard, FL area, any suggestions are appreciated or if anyone is interested please let us know. There are 2 coops that can be included free as well.
Thank you!

View attachment 1618461
are these girls still available? Can pick up if they are. We are a small family farm in highlands county =)

Back
Top Bottom