Spoiled rotten vs. Independant little boogers

Moonwalker

Songster
12 Years
Jan 9, 2008
Washburn, MO
I am sitting here looking out the window on the deck at my 2 almost 8 wk old baby goats cuddled up together in a tool box (Black & Decker 3ft high storage cabinet) where i have a heating element rigged. Looking over the rail into my coop, I see my 6 (3wks old today) ducklings dipping in and out of their swimming tub. It's almost 8PM, getting dark and 65F. Who is spoiled?
The ducks have been outside the past few nites and it actually went below freezing a couple nites and they just cuddled up in a kitty litter pan of shavings under the heat lamp that has an enclosure on 3 1/2 sides as a draft shield. I actually had to close them in on all 4 sides one nite becasue it was already 38F and they still wanted to swim!
It's supposed to be in the low 70's tomorrow and I am going to put the 3 wk old chicks out tomorrow for the first time. I will probably let them stay out from now on unless it drops below freezing again. I'll rig a nice snug box with a heat lamp they can go in at nite.

What a beautiful view you have out your window!!
ya.gif

tomorrow. It was getting dark. DH moved the coop closer to the porch while I was at work today, so I can see into it from the house. That will make it easier for me to check on the chicks I am putting out tomorrow for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom