Sportsman 1502 Help

You know its kinda funny you mention this..I just had to go thru GQF for a new fan..I have two 1588's and a 1583..I like them all, very well...Any way a fan went out on one of my 1588's..Cutler sent GQF a fax stating I needed a new fan..I called GQF to follow up..A man I spoke with said they would send a new fan/heating unit as that is usually the procedure..That way I wouldent have to take it apart..He was actually kinda "stand offish" with me if that makes any sense..Well they only sent me the fan and I end up having to take the whole unit apart and re wire the new fan into the unit..It was a tight fit with the strippers and connectors..The wrong person without the right tools would have had a time with it
hmm.png
I will say that the new fan they sent me seems to be better quaility..

Last edited:
I'm happy your's was great but mine was not. I hate to play popular mechanics with a new product directed by the plant manager on the phone, by the way I filmed how it came with my daughter and I plan to put the video on u-tube linked to as many poultry sites as I can. I lost a whole bunch of hatching eggs while I waited 2 days for a replacement motor. I spent about $845.00 took the incubator apart replaced the turner motor found a mickey mouse shaft key and a whole bunch of loose nuts and bolts.

Maybe if the man would have said that he was sorry and lets resolve the situation I would have felt better but when he told me that the tray nuts and bolts were supposed to be loose I lost all respect for G.Q.F as a company and if I would have sent the incubator back paid for freight and gqf decided that I could wait for my money what could I do then. The only logical choice was to keep the incubator. I have tried to get information on the company and I don't get much information on who runs the company. The only iformation i've found is that they were in the chicken bussiness before the incubator bussiness. So they could have a great web site and a garage. If you want to check send them an e-mail and see how long it takes them to answer you

The first GQF I purchased was in a complete pile. It had sat out in the weather for a long time and literally disintegrated as I took it out of the truck. I am not much of a craftsman, but I was able to take the dimensions as it fell apart and built another one very close to their's. It is not very complex. I did call the plant at that time to ask a couple questions about putting a hatcher in the bottom and he snapped at me informing me he was not going to design an incubator for me. I found a 1202 a few weeks ago cheap cheap cheap and bought it. It works OK but I just hate doing business with folks who dont find it necessary to be nice.

I think the Dickey is virtually the same design,but a real real nice guy.

Oh I am sure those turner motors etc can be had in bulk for pretty darn good prices.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom