Spots inside egshell, Mold??

SilverDuck284

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
South Carolina
So I collected some duck eggs from near a pond that I wanted to try and incubate. I noticed that some of them have small dark spots on them. You can see them from the outside. One had a lot, so I broke it open and found these dark blobs. The egg looked fine other than that, it wasn't watery and the yolk didn't look too old or spoiled. Does anyone know what this is? Should they be tossed or can they still be incubated?

They aren't smooth, like just pigment in the shell. I don't really know how to describe it, but they are liquid blobs. Mucus-ey looking, might be a good way to put it,

I'm going to err on the side of caution. But I'd still really like to know if anyone knows what this is. I couldn't find anything similar when I searched the site.

I'm mostly concerned with if its contagious to the other eggs. There were some with the spots, but that one had the most and the largest. I'm a little worried that even eggs without spots may still be contaminated. I'll probably space them out in the incubator and if any start to show up, they'll be tossed asap.

i have never seen this but i think it could be where the ducks ate some thing and that is what is in there egg i don't think they will hatch but let us know what happens to the eggs

Back
Top Bottom