Spots inside my eggs.... what are they?

I too am considering adding a little note with the eggs I sell. Sometimes a customer just stops ordering eggs and I don't ever hear from them, I always wonder if they found something unpleasant in an egg and never told me. I plan to write something about how it's best to crack eggs into a separate little dish before adding them to the mixing bowl or frying pan. Since fresh eggs have thicker shells there are often bits of shell shrapnel that fall off when cracking them. And then I will explain about the blood & meat spots, reassure them they're harmless & edible, but can also be scooped out of the little dish before using. And also offer to replace any eggs that the customer found inedible for whatever reason.

I was going to add that the fresh eggs from free-ranged flocks tend to have more blood/meat spots, do you think that's true? Since the birds are more active, and also the eggs are so fresh, aren't candled before sale, and the spots haven't yet faded. Is that correct?

I had one customer ask me about these....I explained what they were and she went EWWW. So I asked her if she ate chicken....she said YES....I asked her what the difference was? She laughed and saw the light and still buys my eggs...

I recently went into the chat room to see if anyone could tell me what these spots were that are appearing inside my eggs and one nice lady suggested posting some pictures to get a more educated answer. So... here are the pictures, I'm sure that all of you professional egg people can help me out on this easy question! Ha! I am a beginer and I am still very green on all of this chicken stuff, but I am enjoying it tremendously! Thank you for any help!In the second picture I pulled the spot away from the egg so that it could be seen a little better!
I have the same issue

Attachments

• IMG_20240106_155234503.jpg
    IMG_20240106_155234503.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom