Spraddle toe/ curled toes in older chick?

StarBop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
Stonelick Township, Ohio
So I bought 3 new chicks yesterday! A buff orpington, wellsummer and an easter egger. They are six week old pullets. I found them on Craigslist and turns out I am friends with the seller on our local farm FB page. She had a lot of chicks in the pen all the breeds mixed together and she grabbed the picked each one for me. I looked them each over before taking them. They stayed inside last night and left them alone for the rest of the night so they could get settled. They seemed fine but stayed huddled together. This morning when I checked on them, they were all moving around and I noticed the EE has very curled toes :( I am so upset, she's so darn cute with her fuzzy face :( I really thought I looked them over well but it's not as noticeable when she isn't standing. I've read up on curled toes and it seems like there isn't much that can be done to correct it at 6 weeks, is this true? She seems to be walking around fine but maybe slower than the other two. Is this mostly cosmetic? Can she have a normal life... Roost, lay eggs, get around normally? I do plan on calling the seller and see if she offers an exchange or any other advice. Here's a picture of her feet.
Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom