Spraying Feral Cats! Ewwwww

In portland oregon we have an organization which spays and neuters ferals for free. They loan you a trap then pick up the cat to fix and bring it back when its done. They vaccinate them too. They snip a little off the ear tip so they know that they have already fixed that cat in case someone else brings or sends it in again. I have some regulars that I feed in my soup kitchen for homeless kitties and they have no reason to decimate the wildlife. If veternarians would donate a little time to spay and neuter a few every month the problem would be a lot less. many vets already do this but too many seem to care only to charge for the high fees for their services. Please, I know there are many wonderful vets out there who are dedicated to aleviate the suffering of animals so don't jump down my throat about this since I am not talking about them.

TNR, trap, neuter, and release, great program!! Thank you to the two that posted it. It's the irresponsibility of humans that cause the feral cat population to begin with.

Check out www.alleycat.org for some good tips on keeping cats away from your garden, chickens, porch, etc.....and info on the TNR program.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I have song birds, lizards, rabbits and other NATIVE critters again. But I had to eliminate a bunch of ferals first. And not ONE has returned to take their place. (which would be a hole in ground)

In the city I lived in before they rented a trap to you,and came to get the cats when you caught them.If you don't have that I would get a trap.Harbor freight sells them for $30,and dispose of the cats if no one will take them in.Even if they are fixed (release program)I would not want them returned due to the spraying. Best wishes!

where I live we have a HORRIBLE ferrel cat problem!! Our neighborhood is two streets. 1 runs parralle to the other( T shape) and very small.

I would guess that we have at least 30 if not more, ferrel cats!!! They are everywhere!! Tried getting help from the local pound and they will not come get them.

My neighbor was able to catch a handful and had them fixed at his expense. The others are mean as mean can get! They destroy every flowerbed in sight!!!!

We can shoot where I am and I believe that 1 neighbor has killed a few that have come in his yard. I am not necessarly for it, but when you can't get any help and they are mean, diseased, and destroying things, you have to do what you have to do.

So, I feel your pain. Wishing you luck with your situation!

This thread makes me soo grateful for my local coyote population
smile.png
every spring they have pups and the local feral cats just disappear over night..lol .
They make a awful noise though when the yotes get em..

My city has a bylaw that no animals kept other then a dog can stay outside, odd cus we now have millions of cats (who are nasty!)and they do nothing but my one bylaw officer that recently viosited stated that the rabbit cant go outside! ha the bylaw doesn't state that they can't go outside just housed inside.

Coyote urine! Get it from your local nursery. Use as directed. Coyotes are natural predators for cats. They will vamoose once they get a whiff of coyote urine. Its humane and it won't hurt your other pets or children.

Back
Top Bottom