spreading the back yard chicken obsession...my work has just begun!

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
So, I live in suburbia...houses all around me. I have really great neighbors, and we talk alot. There is a gate going from my back yard to the yard of the neighbor behind me, and a pathway from the side of my house to my side neighbor's yard so we can get together and talk. Well, my neighbor behind me has two lovely kids, and we talk to them occasionally. They know I have chickens, and they are super interested in them. Their dad built them a coop, and they have just been DYING to have some chickens...well, it just so happens I have lots of extras right now...three easter eggers in particular that were chasing my small dog and terrifying him. SO, I offered them to the neighbor's kids. You would have thought Santa came back for round two!
roll.png

Nothing like spreading the love! Now he wants to know ALL about them, and has even asked for a starter colony of mealworms! <3

well, my neighbor just happens to be an engineer...and today I brought his kids a buff orpington (no first time chicken owner of any age should ever be without a buff orpington!), and a starter colony of mealworms!...well, my engineer neighbor is building an automatic door for his coop...and just happens to have an extra motor! He has offered to help build an automatic door for my coop too!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom