Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
Our babies are here!!!!! All peeping away in their brooder. I'll get pictures of them once they calm down. They're a bit on edge, but all 3 are moving around, have drank water, and have checked out the feeder (no takers yet lol). I had forgotten just how tiny they are at this age
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
wee.gif
wee.gif

How did you get only 3 chicks from Cackle? I thought they had a minimum of 15 this time of year? Did I miss something?

Someone on the MHP thread last year tried to use two separate caves, and found that all the chicks tried to get under one and totally ignored the second one. Over on that thread, @Fire Ant Farm gave some really good instructions and posted photos of a setup for larger numbers of chicks...I think it's toward the last pages of the thread.

Thank @Blooie , that was my concern so I will definitely build one large MHP.

@collie1470 Super cute! You got such good close up pictures! I can see lots of time just watching chick tv. I spent about an hour watching the chicks at TSC today not even realizing I was the crazy lady watching the chicks run around for an hour
hide.gif

Lost my NN. Found her in the pen when I got home from work. Had a feeling she was the one who made the rest sick. Pretty sure infectious bronchitis went through them all. Down to 6.
They enjoyed some time in the yard today and then put themselves to bed. Training them to follow me outside and they're doing great.

Back
Top Bottom