Spritzer cookie recipe, anyone?

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I am looking for a good Spritzer cookie recipe. I bought the cookie spritzer years ago and while cleaning cupboards this past weekend found it. I completely forgot about it! Are all recipes the same? See how clueless I am?!?!
lol.png

google it! Recipes.com or other food websites have the recipes and variations.. I love the internet for recipes!

Spritz cookies

2 1/4 Cup of flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
few drops of food coloring

Cream sugar, butter and food coloring until fluffy
Add vanilla and egg and mix until blended
Mix flour, salt, and baking powder and gradually mix into the creamed mixture

Bake at 350 for 9 to 12 minutes just until slightly brown around the edges.

Thank you Chickenaddict! I have searched for recipes on the internet many times and have had good luck in finding ones that were good, but I just wanted to see if my trusty BYC'ers knew of any tried and true recipes first.
wink.png
I trust you all way more than I trust a stranger on the internet.
big_smile.png
Thanks again!

Chickenaddict, that's the recipe I use for my spritzer, the only thing different for my ritual is I put 1/2 tsp of almond flavor in the dough. It's almost too yummy.

Maybe make 1/2 batch regular and try 1/2 batch with the almond flavoring?
smile.png

ohhh almond extract sounds delicious i may have to try that this year, also you can add a little lemon zest to the dough, I did that last year and boy were they tasty.... so tasty i almost ate em up before christmas lol

Yummy! Yummy! I will have to try both the lemon zest and the almond extract. Thank you!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom