spur bumps

both genders seem to have them. Allthough on all the chicks ive hade the males seem to have what looks almost like another bump on the spur bump. IDK if its just me but i think its an almost accurate way to sex.

With my silkies it has been 100% accurate I have them sexed before 2 weeks - I always thought the only reason people say silkies are hard to sex is so they can dump their extra roosters at a higher price ...

Silkie Hens do sometimes I have been told grow them but it appears on my experince to be rare -

I have a hen that I got today and noticed she has a spur on one side and am assuming the other one broke off. She is supposedly a year to a year and a half. Will the side w/ no spur grow back or not? My other hens that I have don't have spurs. Are spurs specific to a certain breed(s)? If so what breed(s) do hens develop/get spurs?

All of my Polish chicks have had spur bumps. All of my hens over 2 years old also develop spurs even though they are small. I don't know if it is just the genetics within my flock or common among standard Polish.

Back
Top Bottom