I have 2 SFG's right next to each other. There is:
Zuchinni
Cucumbers
2 kinds of Bell Peppers
2 kinds of Tomatoes
Basil
Parsley
& Mint.

My Zuchinni has just... EXPLODED! It has grown so big, so fast! Same with the cucumbers! Everything is huge! Once, we had a cucumber BIGGER than a ZUCHINNI!!! It was amazingly huge! I didn't arrange the plants in a very good way, but, everything is fine. This fall I'm thinking of getting some corn planted too. They'll probably have a SFG to theirself though. But, I'm not completely sure yet.

These are beautiful gardens!

I have 2 SFG's right next to each other. There is:
Zuchinni
Cucumbers
2 kinds of Bell Peppers
2 kinds of Tomatoes
Basil
Parsley
& Mint.

My Zuchinni has just... EXPLODED! It has grown so big, so fast! Same with the cucumbers! Everything is huge! Once, we had a cucumber BIGGER than a ZUCHINNI!!! It was amazingly huge! I didn't arrange the plants in a very good way, but, everything is fine. This fall I'm thinking of getting some corn planted too. They'll probably have a SFG to theirself though. But, I'm not completely sure yet.
Hey, better to have crazy, healthy plants than failures! Sounds like a great garden! Let us know about the corn!

Last edited:
This fall I'm thinking of getting some corn planted too. They'll probably have a SFG to theirself though. But, I'm not completely sure yet.
I've planted corn in a SFG bed - it's an 8'x8' bed. The rows are WAY too close together. I divided the bed into 4 sections and put 12 seeds/section - three rows of 4 plants. Unfortunately, some of the corn got eaten by squirrels before germinating, so I've really only got 3 sections of the 4 with healthy plants. They are producing ears - so that's the blessing!

Here's a few photos of the corn. The maple tree must be taller than the last time I had corn in this bed (7yrs ago)...there's more shade than I recall!

And here's a few ears developing nicely in the center of the photo and on the right side of the photo. Hope the raccoons don't snitch it before I do!

Wow. The corn is really growing good! Yeah, we've been having coon problems with the chickens.
somad.gif
But they haven't gotten to the garden. The problem is something ELSE has been getting in it! I wonder... I've seen glimpses of UFT(Unidentified Furry Things) running through... (It's our puppy Annie! And our cats are soo happy. They have a new litter box!
lau.gif
)

Wow. The corn is really growing good! Yeah, we've been having coon problems with the chickens.
somad.gif
But they haven't gotten to the garden. The problem is something ELSE has been getting in it! I wonder... I've seen glimpses of UFT(Unidentified Furry Things) running through... (It's our puppy Annie! And our cats are soo happy. They have a new litter box!
lau.gif
)
Ha, ha, ha...cats always find the worst places for litter boxes!

Back
Top Bottom