Squirrels and Baby Ducks

Summernole

Chirping
Jul 7, 2018
Florida
I have two, tiny, days-old baby muscovy ducklings. Their mother has a tendency to leave them from time to time. I watched a squirrel that looked very interested in them and kept moving closer and closer to them until I scarred him away. I have heard that they will eat eggs, baby birds and even adult birds. Do I have something to worry about with them with my tiny ducklings being left alone in the yard? I bring them inside at night because mom takes off but I let them out every morning when she comes back.

I think squirrels are primarily herbivores, but may eat meat or eggs if they're hungry. I would never leave tiny ducklings alone, though, because if the squirrel doesn't get them, something else will.

Also...this may get removed. It's in the buy/sell/trade section. You should post in the duck forum.

I think squirrels are primarily herbivores, but may eat meat or eggs if they're hungry. I would never leave tiny ducklings alone, though, because if the squirrel doesn't get them, something else will.

Also...this may get removed. It's in the buy/sell/trade section. You should post in the duck forum.
Thank you, ChristineR.

Back
Top Bottom