Staggered duck, chicken and goose eggs. Humidity and lockdown question

Th
Thanks for the reply
I'm trying not to go with the lockdown idea this time but more so looking for readiness of the eggs.
I'm keeping my humidity at around 40 but not stress about it when it changes a bit. I also have been rotating my lid everytime I open to turn the eggs so to deal with the hot and cold spots instead of moving the eggs around

When I candle my eggs they all look good and striving but the eggs are dark on one side and I can see the older eggs that the veins are reaching out to the lighter side. Is it because they are rested on the side compare to stand up pointy side down as the egg yolks are more resting on the side as compare to in the middle ?

Thank you for your reply again. I am gonna try to be patient and not looking at the eggs every night 😂😂
How did your staggered hatch go?

It actually didn't do too bad
I just finished it today
First hatch I set 17 duck eggs and 3 goose eggs , 15/17 duck eggs hatched with 16 actually made into lockdown 1 early quitter 1 died in shell, 1 goose egg hatched, 1 early quitter and 1 late quitter

Second batch I set 7 duck eggs, 5 goose eggs and 7 chicken eggs

Only 2/7 chicken eggs hatched, they weren't not my eggs and been sitting on the counter for a week before I set them
6/7 duck eggs hatched, 1 /5 goose eggs hatched but I didn't collected those 5 eggs right away when they were laid and weather was cold so it could be that

So over all, I think it was a good hatch

Pictures of the hatch :)

Attachments

• PXL_20230507_022617409.jpg
    PXL_20230507_022617409.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230507_025553636.jpg
    PXL_20230507_025553636.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 3
It actually didn't do too bad
I just finished it today
First hatch I set 17 duck eggs and 3 goose eggs , 15/17 duck eggs hatched with 16 actually made into lockdown 1 early quitter 1 died in shell, 1 goose egg hatched, 1 early quitter and 1 late quitter

Second batch I set 7 duck eggs, 5 goose eggs and 7 chicken eggs

Only 2/7 chicken eggs hatched, they weren't not my eggs and been sitting on the counter for a week before I set them
6/7 duck eggs hatched, 1 /5 goose eggs hatched but I didn't collected those 5 eggs right away when they were laid and weather was cold so it could be that

So over all, I think it was a good hatch

Pictures of the hatch :)
Great job !

Back
Top Bottom