Staggered hatching in one incubator.

Massachuchicks

Chirping
Aug 4, 2023
Hello!

So as I posted before, my broody sat on eggs until day 14 and called it quits. They are due to hatch 4/6. Eggs are all developing as they should. I also have a batch of 7 eggs already set to hatch on 4/9 in an incubator. Is it possible to hatch both with no issues in one incubator? What would I do as far as lockdown?

lockdown isnt all its cracked up to be really, if theres ginna be hatch problems it makes little difference, and as far as egg turning its not critical either late-stage, ive hatched full batches with it still turning lol, or off the last week, id just leave it on haha .. put them in there and hatch them lol, snatch them out as they hatch, grab the nasty shell to, and plop them in the brooder .. that said resist the urge to 'play' with things, be quick, tilt the lid, grab em and shut it .. be sure theres nothing drastic going on like the ac vent blasting on it, itl be fine

I've just done 5 staggered hatches between two brinsea 56EX's and both were packed full, so it was tricky.

I learned it's best to try go further out, like at least 5 days, and 6 is better, so one batch isn't starting to pip when you're trying to remove chicks.

I split the difference on the humidity at 55-60% instead of 70%. It worked!

Back
Top Bottom