Stamping and trembling legs

daaannieelleee

Chirping
Oct 22, 2022
Hi all.
A little background information. My mum has a bantam leg horn who is around 18 month old. She is very energetic, loud and full of life. She has struggled to regulate her laying (vet is aware of this) but has been on the right track the last 6 months with regular laying. She just went broody, never lasts long for her, and shes just coming out of it now. What I'm concerned about is I noticed she was standing and she would stamp one leg on the ground, about a minute would go by, then stamp the other, sometimes she would stamp the same one in a row. This went on until I went up to her to see if I could see anything on them. The next day I noticed her holding a leg up under her and it was trembling. Neither of these things have ever happened before. She isn't limping, doesnt seem like shes in pain and is doing all her usual things perfectly fine. What kinds of things should we be looking at to see what's causing this?
Thank you

I'd check her closely to make sure that she does not have mites. They sometimes infest a hen while she is setting.

I'd check her closely to make sure that she does not have mites. They sometimes infest a hen while she is setting.
Thank you for replying! I'll check her and the coop and see if I spot anything. Scaly leg mites as well as mites on the body and around the face, and in the coop, am I missing anywhere else?

Back
Top Bottom