Standard of Perfection vs. Bantam Standard Books?

FarmersHatchery

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 3, 2012
West Central Missouri
What is the difference between the two books, the Standard of Perfection and the Bantam Standard? Is the Bantam Standard simply the Standard of Perfection book, but with only the bantams in it?

I show strictly bantams, but I didn't know if their were any difference between the two and how major those differences were. Does one have better info on bantams than the other?

I'm wanting to buy one, which probably will be the Bantam Standard as it is cheaper, but I might buy both if their are major advantages to both.

Thanks!

What is the difference between the two books, the Standard of Perfection and the Bantam Standard? Is the Bantam Standard simply the Standard of Perfection book, but with only the bantams in it?

I show strictly bantams, but I didn't know if their were any difference between the two and how major those differences were. Does one have better info on bantams than the other?

I'm wanting to buy one, which probably will be the Bantam Standard as it is cheaper, but I might buy both if their are major advantages to both.

Thanks!
============
Both have excellent information in them. Yes, you are right. the ABA Bantam Standard only has the bantam breeds in it. The APA SOP has both large fowl and bantams. I don't know about the ABA SOP, but the 1st 38 pages of the APA SOP are a treasure trove of the most wonderful information on proper breed types and anatomy, judging, breeding to feather info in it.
Maybe get ABA SOP first, then pick up an APA SOP.
Best Success,
Karen in western PA, USA

Back
Top Bottom