Standard Old English Games

Pics
Dead rabbit that bird you called a pumpkin, in England we would call him a ginger. It's funny the different terms and names we use.

Dead rabbit that bird you called a pumpkin, in England we would call him a ginger. It's funny the different terms and names we use.

He's a Ginger by my description. Pumpkin has no black in the tail. A friend has Weed Oxfords [pea combed reds] he uses to keep the size up on his OEG show stock. Tom

very well could be that color. i never got into the actual coloration terms. to much. its not a very big deal in true american game fowl. if that particular bird had a little more "black" blood in him, ie blacker eyes and lids, he could be referenced to a red quill.

in american games, there is so much crossing of breeds and strains to make a hybrid vigor battle cock that the colors will get all mixed.

by far the most popular color was the black breasted red, and then what we call a grey.

the only time i ever saw colors matter was in the little old english game bantams. then they would be referenced by the colors yall are all mentioning.

kelso

hatch . Best well taken care of chickens are the pitfowl . Evry time ya rhode islend red breeders upload pics they look like they're about to die from worms lol .

I got a pair of carlisle oegs last Friday and unfortunately the hen died on the journey from England to Ireland. but the cockerel is a sight to behold!

Back
Top Bottom