Standard Old English Games

Pics
Owing to rarity of show quality Old English Games, consider breeding in part from American Games to select for qualities typical of the former. Process would be facilitated by having some Old English Games to use as part of the mix.

I have plenty of pure Old English Games to work with. And plenty of American Games as well. I'm not looking for anymore, only wanted to communicate with other breeders.

I am currently working on a line of crele American Games, crossed on Kelso for size, vigor, long backs, and their big full tails. I have gotten a few double barred male chicks this year from my single barred male x single barred female. They are yellow legged, straight comb so I plan on crossing one of the double barred males to a BB red OE Game hen next year to work the creles closer to OE standard and get the line coming white legged.

Here is my crele American Game, aka KY Dom/Kelso pair (single barred)

20180328_160431.jpg
20180525_172648.jpg

I have an American Game white-legged dom cock contaminated with pea comb and station too high for OEG. My 4-year old daughter likes him once in a while, but he needs to go. He carries some dominant allele that dilutes black, even on extended black as tested by crossing with American Dominiques.

I have an American Game white-legged dom cock contaminated with pea comb and station too high for OEG. My 4-year old daughter likes him once in a while, but he needs to go. He carries some dominant allele that dilutes black, even on extended black as tested by crossing with American Dominiques.

If he's white legged and the line is carrying pea combs he is likely from a cross on some line of Roundhead. Or some type blue line if he is carrying an allele that dilutes black?

Both possible, he is a product of crossing two dom lines with one or both sourced from KY. I will be crossing some of his offspring back to my line to separate barring and white-legged alleles from the pea comb, dilution, and high station. The 75% grade should be a good starting point to set a line with desired characteristics likely closer to proper KY doms.

Both possible, he is a product of crossing two dom lines with one or both sourced from KY. I will be crossing some of his offspring back to my line to separate barring and white-legged alleles from the pea comb, dilution, and high station. The 75% grade should be a good starting point to set a line with desired characteristics likely closer to proper KY doms.

Sounds like a good plan. I am actually taking my doms in two different directions. One direction is breeding them toward the crele OE standard so I can show them. The other direction is breeding them more toward the Kelsos (Radios) but preserving the dom coloring to create my own line of doms. The doms currently have too high of tails still yet so I want to lengthen the backs more and lower the tails just a bit. Here is the specific hen from the Radio line I plan to cross the double barred stag too. She is from the dark side (wild type, BB red) of the Radio line. The Radios also come wheaten but the crele (dom) coloring looks best with a wild type base. Just a fun project I am playing with.

20180427_125003(0).jpg

Images from earlier this spring. He is not of my breeding and was acquired as a source of white-skin allele for my Missouri Dominique project. He was a definite man-fighter when acquired so I had to invest effort to break him of that. He still gets too excited over food. He was in cull pen of previous owner so I got him for only $10. His leg was bum for a good 6 months, but I am betting that was an injury related to handling a man-fighter.
2 DOM.jpg

1 DOM.jpg

Images from earlier this spring. He is not of my breeding and was acquired as a source of white-skin allele for my Missouri Dominique project. He was a definite man-fighter when acquired so I had to invest effort to break him of that. He still gets too excited over food. He was in cull pen of previous owner so I got him for only $10. His leg was bum for a good 6 months, but I am betting that was an injury related to handling a man-fighter.View attachment 1407821

View attachment 1407816

He looks good! Its awesome you got such a great deal on him. The white skin would be an asset for working a crele line toward SOP. I have a ways to go there.

Back
Top Bottom