Standlee Flock Fresh

Amazon reviews arent great

Description
Brought to you by the STANDLEE HAY COMPANY, flock fresh is a premium poultry bedding that consists of chopped straw, alfalfa, & zeolite when completely utilized, the innovative blend can be composted or placed in a garden area in order to revitalize the soil.

Zeolite is kitty litter, i cant imagine ducks eating it or anything... Is traditional duck bedding not working for you? (Hay, Pine shavings etc)

Both stores are out of hay & this was the only product available. We assumed, obviously wrongly, that we could just easily pick hay or straw up our way home with the ducks. Ugh

I sure don’t want them to get sick or anything. Do you think it would be OK in the short term?

I used this product in the duck house this winter and it worked fine for me. The zeolite doesn’t seem to be an issue for them to eat. It is what Sweet PDZ is made out of and is used in small amounts as a nutritional supplement. The one thing I would caution is to wear a mask and keep the ducks away when you are spreading it or everyone will have bright green tears and mucus.

I used this product in the duck house this winter and it worked fine for me. The zeolite doesn’t seem to be an issue for them to eat. It is what Sweet PDZ is made out of and is used in small amounts as a nutritional supplement. The one thing I would caution is to wear a mask and keep the ducks away when you are spreading it or everyone will have bright green tears and mucus.

Thank you for replying! I really appreciate it. Bright green tears & mucus sound icky though.

Back
Top Bottom