Stargazing cochin rooster 7 month old

JayQ

Chirping
Aug 5, 2023
North Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
Please help! My one and only 7-month cochin rooster Kendi suddenly keep looking up only and couldn’t roost even when he tried to. Do you know a cure or treatment? I read something about Vitamin B complex as it could be thiamine deficiency.
He’s the most gentle rooster I’ve ever had and love him so much ❤️. I appreciate your help..

Yep, 400.i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks, any brand from the grocery store.
What is his diet?

Hi! thank you so much! any vitamin E 400 iu for human is safe to administer? I will go back outside to give him some. He free range and has all day food in their coop, but today I didn’t let them out cuz I saw one went crossing the road, but they got out. I wonder if he hurt his nect pushing the door 😬

Typically, you can just open his beak and he'll swallow it.
thank you! I went back outsite to their coop at 10pm to give him some poultry cell, nutri-drench and vitamin b complex. also made him scrambled eggs with Bragg’s yeast for additional Thiamine. Tomorrow I’ll get that vitamin E you suggested. He ate the eggs actually i just had to raise my hand close to where his head is at, my heart breaks seeing him like that but I will be brave and help him and care for him regularly.

thank you! I went back outsite to their coop at 10pm to give him some poultry cell, nutri-drench and vitamin b complex. also made him scrambled eggs with Bragg’s yeast for additional Thiamine. Tomorrow I’ll get that vitamin E you suggested. He ate the eggs actually i just had to raise my hand close to where his head is at, my heart breaks seeing him like that but I will be brave and help him and care for him regularly.
I don't think it's painful, just disorienting. They usually 100% recover.

Are you feeding a balanced chicken feed? That contains everything he needs. I would continue the vitamin E 400 IU and B Complex or super B complex daily for at least 2 weeks. Wry neck, crook neck, and star gazing can sometimes be a symptom of head injury, Mareks and a few other diseases that affect the brain, and vitamin E or thiamine deficiency. Do you know if he was vaccinated for Mareks?

Back
Top Bottom