Started lockdown tonight 5/6 - anyone else with me?

Quote:
A pip is the first initial hole they make before they "zip" around and peck their way out.

I think my second chick to hatch has a leg defect??? It is still drying in the incubator and I can't see from my angle... We will have to wait and see... Sigh....

Looks like I might be getting just the three. My earliest has been in there since Sunday night so I have to take them out. How long do you guys wait for stragglers?

I locked down today at noon. 21 eggs a few barnyard mixes, frizzles, silkies and Japanese buff bantams!!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I'd give it til the end of day 2 at least....do you hear any peeping? I just removed my 4 chicks because they were at around 48 hours out of the egg and the other 5 didn't have any pips or movement or anything...I'm a little worried they are dead too but I am going to give them until tomorrow night

Nothin today but I hear peeping every now and then maybe in the morning once I had one hatch day 25 so be patent
old.gif

forgive me, but what is 'lockdown'?

I have a broody hen who is in day 20, and I saw a couple eggs that had pips, so I closed her gate (to keep the other girls out). Thats my 'lockdown'.....

Quote:
It's when you use an incubator for hatching... Raise the humidity, stop turning the eggs and keep the lid closed until they hatch... Hence the word "lockdown"

Back
Top Bottom