Starter flock available in Central Indiana

Netherfieldmom

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
I would like to downsize before winter--I have a lovely Barred Rock roo, 1.5 years old and nice, and some RIR hens that are 2.5 years old, lay well. All are healthy and clean. We sized our flock based on sharing with a family with six kids and they have moved away, so we have too many for our needs. Reasonable offers accepted!

Okay! I am willing to give them to a good home! Surely someone would like a little flock that's laying, healthy and friendly!
big_smile.png

Hi--I sent an email via the form--but just in case, they are still available. We are in Hamilton County. What were you thinkin'?
smile.png

Just wanted to post.....IF you dont find them homes.....my DH and I are running a farm rescue. We are in SE Indiana...Jennings County. If they need a home, let me know. We have seperate pens for quarantine...and will keep them untill we find them safe, clean homes. Bring them down....we can help if need be.

That is so nice, thank you. We will keep them if we have to. We have a rescue rooster right now, frostbitten feet, bad vision, but so nice. I don't think you should have to die just because your feet hurt...
wink.png
Of course, most people think I am crazy. He lived in a shower stall off my kitchen through the late winter!! LOL

Thats great that you rescued the poor roo. Our First rescue was a a RIR roo....he was the best rooster anyone could want. He had frostbite on his comb and wattles, and a bad limp. We named him Ollie...unfortunately....a dog got him one day....I cried like a baby with a diaper rash! My poor Ollie. Now, ANY injured bird that can not get away...stays in the pen...unles I am out there to protect them. I hope you can find them good homes.

Back
Top Bottom