Startered Laying but Laying all over? Will this change?

I use shavings/straw in my nest boxes and my ladies know where to go lol! If I find one somewhere else I lock my chickens up to find out the misbehaving one..I hate playing hide and seek cause my chickens are all free range. Golf Balls or fake eggs in the nests really do help...just leave the eggs untouched (the ones in the nest boxes) and pick up the other eggs and put them in the nest boxes..it will help promote good behaviour !

Only two of my six lay in the nest boxes! They just lay them around the corners of the house. I dont mind until I accidently dont see one and "CRACK"!
lol.png

Thanks I will try it and see, they don't seem to lay that early on in the morning it is usually 1 egg in teh morning and the other 3-4 sometime around 3pm give or take. I don't mind them being lazy and sleeping in
smile.png
just want to collect the eggs in one spot.

Thanks again

All of ours like to lay in the same nest box even though we have 3 boxes, so sometimes if someone is in "the box" another hen will sit outside of it and lay her egg on the floor of the coop. This could be what's happening. They're all in sync! ha! I'd still put a golf ball or ping pong ball or something in all of your boxes like others have already suggested and that may entice them into the other boxes.

Back
Top Bottom