starting a hatchery, want to add two other breed, which?

anyone got pictures of these lavender sebrights? I reallly would like to see them...

Sorry for taking over your thread!
sad.png

I would say if you are only adding 2 breeds, you would get more buisness from a more common breed like White or Brown Leghorn, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, and EE's?

Quote:
chickenwhisperer123
if you post this in an other section, it is more likely to be seen and I'm sure someone can find you the picture of the lavender seabright. but they may never find your post buried here

Quote:
I don't think that would be good for a hatchery and especially not for the breed. What would happen is the hatchery would obtain some of the best quality of seramas available. Seramas are not standardized, so they do not breed true. Even with the best stock, they could only expect 1 out of 20 to be up to standard. Everyone who buys would think they are getting the best. The market would be flooded with bad seramas as people took their under standard birds and breed more and more worse and worse seramas. It would be detrimental to the breed who would probably not gain APA/ABA acceptance because of the very small number of standard seramas. It would be bad for the hatchery also, as some people would recognize the fact that it is impossible to have them all looking good.

Back
Top Bottom