Starting a poultry family

girlskick21

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 28, 2009
Me and my partner decided last year we wanted chickens and guineas. We live in rural Western NC and will free range the birds, putting them up a night. I would like to start with day old chicks, unfortunately all the breeder website I have been an required a min. of 25 day old chicks. I understand it is for safety of the little ones. However between chickens and guineas I think we can only handle a total of 25 birds. I'm looking for someone to split an order of day old chicks with us at the most all I want is 15 day old chicks. So I need one person or a combo of people to take at least 10. The breeds we are planning to get are: Rhode Island Reds, Buff Oringtons, Ameraucanas, Sussex, Plymouth Rock, Delaware and Dorking from McMurray Hatchery. If someone is interested they can pick whatever breed they want. We also plan to get all females.

Welcome!
frow.gif

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Ideal has a $25 limit, not 25 chicks. I ordered 10 chicks, and Ideal sent 15 extra males for warmth and safety in shipping (more than I expected!). I took most of the males up to the feed store and they found a new home
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom