1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Starting my first Muscovy hatch tomorrow

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by iajewel, May 24, 2010.

1. iajewel

iajewel Songster

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    I have hatched chicken eggs but never duck eggs and certainly never Muscovy. I have saved up 12 eggs from one hen.. thats all I have and I thought 12 days was enough for the eggs to sit, so .. an even dozen it is. I have the temp set, its practically raining in the incubator, Humidity is at 88-90%
    is there any suggestion you all can add before I stick the little suckers in their new home for the next 35-38 days? Oh.. and do you think I could wait and save even more eggs? or should I stop at 12 days 12 eggs?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    After about 7 days the eggs viability to hatch starts to decrease. Better to set what you have now- And collect more to set later if you wanted more.

The humidity is very high- Usually 65% is the top limit I will have for the incubation before lockdown.

Good luck with your first ducks.

3. iajewel

iajewel Songster

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Thank you so much, I will change the humidity.. I almost had it raining in there. I dont' have the eggs in yet.. just making sure everything is stable at this point. 7 days.. darn.. well I just need more ducks so I can fill the bator and have better luck.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by