Starting my first Muscovy hatch tomorrow

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
I have hatched chicken eggs but never duck eggs and certainly never Muscovy. I have saved up 12 eggs from one hen.. thats all I have and I thought 12 days was enough for the eggs to sit, so .. an even dozen it is. I have the temp set, its practically raining in the incubator, Humidity is at 88-90%
is there any suggestion you all can add before I stick the little suckers in their new home for the next 35-38 days? Oh.. and do you think I could wait and save even more eggs? or should I stop at 12 days 12 eggs?

After about 7 days the eggs viability to hatch starts to decrease. Better to set what you have now- And collect more to set later if you wanted more.

The humidity is very high- Usually 65% is the top limit I will have for the incubation before lockdown.

Good luck with your first ducks.

Thank you so much, I will change the humidity.. I almost had it raining in there. I dont' have the eggs in yet.. just making sure everything is stable at this point. 7 days.. darn.. well I just need more ducks so I can fill the bator and have better luck..
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom