1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Starting my own business!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by English Chick, Nov 13, 2008.

1. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Due to the wonderful community and inspiration I have had through being a member of the most fabulous BYC, I have decided (well trying) to start my own little bespoke chicken ark business, have done the marketing (but not released it yet), have made a "demo" ark, another in the making, and I hope soooo much it all takes off. Have even started to sell my eggs to the public (have never done that before) I am calling my business Domlyns Bespoke Chicken Arks..... I will post pics for the forum when the first is finally finished and "dressed" have been so excitied these past weeks, and FRIENDS IT IS ALL DOWN TO YOU ALL!! So from me to all of you THANK YOU for everything........but watch this space. My arks are designed by a woman with women chicken keepers in mind.....pretty, functional, a garden feature in themselves, with the welfare of chickens in mind.......xxxxx

2. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Congrats! I can't wait to see one. [​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:[​IMG] Thanks "hats" should have the first one fully finished this week-end (weather permitting - it's raining again!)

4. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Rains a lot here, too. My DH has to cross a river to get to the back of our property for hunting. Hates to see it rain. He can't cross of the 4 wheeler if the river gets deep and then it's a pain.

5. sussexgal

sussexgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome! Best wishes to you and your venture! Custom arcs that blend well and are woman friendly? Wonderful idea. Keep us posted and Congratulations!!!

6. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

And it's funny how many things just aren't designed with women in mind. Too big for female hands, or too heavy to lift easily. I have a little broody coop that my husband built for the girls. The lid is hinged. But it's heavy! The husband is like - That's not heavy. Uh, yes, it is. I'm a good bit smaller than he is, and lack the big manly muscles. (Thankfully [​IMG] )

So, I think your idea is a great one. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture.

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    great idea, cant wait to see one

8. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Good for you English, sounds like a great venture! Can't wait to see pics![​IMG]

9. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    English chick- congrats on your business venture!

Lauralou- your avatar made me laugh- thanks!

10. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

English Chick! That is wonderful!!! You will do fantastic! [​IMG] [​IMG] Keep us updated on how you are doing. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by