starting to get really ticked off....

A roll of chicken wire will go a long way, just stretch it between a corner. Chances are you'll have to put the birds in manually a few nights, so you can just leave on side temporarily wired so you can pull it back for them to come and go. Really the goal is to just give them their own roosts, which will likely boost their confidence and help them integrate better.

I do have some wire. I could simply divide the coop in half. During the day, they'd probably roam between the divider, but the younger birds tend to stay on the left side of the coop and the older birds roost on the right at night. Hopefully their morning things are ok and I'll be able to get something accomplished.

You might need to put them on the roost well after dark....but if you get the partition up you may not need to.
I used a headlight to do this making sure I didn't point the light where they could see to jump back down.
Grab their bodies holding down the wings, get their feet squarely on the roost and hold them there for a few seconds or so until they settle.

Good Luck.

None dead today. I did find poop on the highest roost I set up yesterday, but don't know who did it. Here's what I did today.

And cut out more of the wire for a doorway.

Back
Top Bottom