Step away from the Taco Bell......

Chickens are so much fun.
smile.png

Yeah, you don't DARE come around my chickens with food, unless you have every intention of feeding the majority of it to them! It's like one bite for me, ten for them, one for me, the rest to them. I have a hen that I hatched and kept inside for a long time because she was the only chick to make it, and when I tried to introduce her to my standards, they didn't like her and pecked her so hard she was bleeding like mad and terrified, so I kept her inside til she began to drive me nuts. If she sees a cup still to this day (she now lives happily with the Bantams OUTSIDE), she will come running to have a taste of whatever is in it. Doesn't matter what it is. She has stolen coffee, tea, iced tea, pop (that one she was sneaky with, and didn't get a big taste), juice, water, milk, you name it. If she sees a cup, she HAS to have a taste from it. And she is very bold and brazen and will snatch the food right out of your mouth if you don't watch her. It's no wonder the Standards didn't like her! With my Bantams, if they see us come out with food, they will come crowd around our feet and beg. Some will jump up into our laps to get some food first hand too. I primarily have Bantam Cochins. With my Standards, my roo knows that if he comes and stands right under the kitchen nook window and crows, someone (usually my mother) will come to the window and throw out some treats. And his hens know to let themselves right into the house for treats. Spoiled brats, I have NO idea how they got that way...
tongue.png

I think I'd be scared of accidently feeding them Taco Bell-I'm not sure I should be eating it myself!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom