Still a little confused on temps

judsenn

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2012
So, my digital thermometer that sits on the screen floor of the incubator reads 100* but the 2 thermometers I have resting on top of eggs read 102*. So which one do I go by?
hu.gif
They are bigger eggs (turkey) so they are closer to the heating element.

If it is a still air that is perfectly normal. the higher up off the floor you are in the incubator, the higher the temps, i think its called a thermal cushion or something similar to that.

yes, it's a still air bator. So then would I keep an eye on the temperature that reads on top the eggs or the digital? I only ask bc earlier today the thermometer on the eggs (closest to the heating element) read 104! So wouldn't that be cooking my eggs??
he.gif

yes, it's a still air bator. So then would I keep an eye on the temperature that reads on top the eggs or the digital? I only ask bc earlier today the thermometer on the eggs (closest to the heating element) read 104! So wouldn't that be cooking my eggs??
he.gif

yes 104 is getting to hot.

k, well I only saw it spike to 104* just once and I noticed it right away and opened the bator to let out some heat, and then decreased the temp. it's holding steady at 100* right now, so I hope it stays that way!

Any word on the eggs that were 104'd? Have had to ditch so many this year and I'm chalking it up to bum thermometers.

Any word on the eggs that were 104'd?  Have had to ditch so many this year and I'm chalking it up to bum thermometers.

Out of 18 eggs I suspect only 2 that quit. All had good movement and size. They are due to hatch next Wednesday ..so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom