Still air and incubator with fan

silkielover88

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Addison NY
Ok so this is the first time we have had 2 incubators running bc we have such a demand for turkey chicks. We have them in the still air incubator with a automatic turner then once they need to stop turning we out them in the one with the fan. My question is, should they have the fan while they are turning? Or is it best to have the fan when they hatch?

Ok so this is the first time we have had 2 incubators running bc we have such a demand for turkey chicks. We have them in the still air incubator with a automatic turner then once they need to stop turning we out them in the one with the fan. My question is, should they have the fan while they are turning? Or is it best to have the fan when they hatch?
both the chicks both inside the egg and out need Oxygen 24\7 no air exchange, no chicks but you have to keep an eye on your temps a fan can make the differece of 6 degrees

Generally with the better temp control one with a fan has you get higher hatch rates with them. I'd switch the turner and eggs to the one with the fan. And use the still air one for hatching. If they stay wet a little longer no big deal. They can really go for the first 3 days without food or water. 10-15 minutes longer drying won't bother them a bit. You may want to pull the plugs out of the still air by the way for a hatcher.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom