Still can't upload

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by pokey, Jan 21, 2012.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    I read the through the tips but I still can't upload pics. I think something is wrong. When I go to upload a pic under my profile ino the choose file box does not allow me to click on it. And I have photos, uploads , avatars and defaults to upload to, but I can't get any photo to copy and paste even if I get it to upload to my albums. It's driving me crazy, and I already am crazy....... Please see in you can help. Thanks

2. AllenWMiller

AllenWMiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Rural PA
    Yes Pokey I've had the same problem since joining recently. But I think BYC had recently been hit by a surge of spammers and they shut the photo upload down to prevent the spam from overwhelming the site. Not sure when they will correct the matter and resume photo uploading.

3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate

Thank you for reaffirming my sanity

4. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Is currently working here. Are you all checking the TERMS & CONDITIONS box - agreeing to post nothing egregiously unacceptable?

Nothing will happen if that box isn't checked.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  5. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate

Yes I am but the choose file box does not highlight no matter what I do.and I have tried to copy and paste if I can get it to upload to the photo album but it won't copy over to the thread.are you guys mad at me? Lol

6. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
  7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Hmmm... I just tried it and it worked fine. Let me get screenshots of all the steps and post them here in case your pages are missing something/different.

In my profile, I can either click the album I want to upload to or click "Upload photos."
    [​IMG]

If I choose the first one, I click this:
    [​IMG]

Both give me the upload screen:
    [​IMG]

Then I click "Select photos" and choose my photo from my computer and then hit "Open."
    [​IMG]

The upload screen will now say that I have 1 file selected, so I check the Terms and Conditions box and hit "Upload" at the bottom right (not in the screenshot) and the file gets uploaded to my album.

Does this help your problem or are you missing something on your screen?

8. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    . I am missing the second screen that doesn't pop up for me. And if I try to grab the URL and paste it in the box I get an error message. I am missing the box with the arrow drawn in it

9. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

One simple thing to double check...make sure that your pop up blocker isn't blocking pop ups on this site.

10. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    Ok, I am using a iPad that has safari installed or either a droid incredible. I don't think either will allow pop ups. Is there a setting I can change in my acct settings to allow it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by