1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Still concerned about the littlest ones

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, Apr 18, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I can't believe that my chicks are only 10 days old. The light and dark brahmas are much bigger than I expected them to be at this age. They've even started practicing their flying. My concern is for my little buff brahma girls. They have the same amount of wing growth as the other girls do, but their overall body size is smaller and they are not quite as active...meaning I've never had to catch one of them after they've escaped the brooder, like I do with their big sisters. Could it be a question of genetics? That they came from smaller parents? All in all they seem healthy enough; eating and drinking well and no pasty butt.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Every chick and breed develop differently. I would assume it they are eating an drinking, their poo is okay, that they are okay. I would not worry until they begin acting ill or weak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by