Still don't know what's wrong with my hen, video incl

A word or few of caution.
If it is Mycoplasma and then all your chickens are likely to have it. By the time the keeper has noticed there is a problem it's already spread usually. It's highly infectious.
Antibiotics have a very very low effectiveness when treating Mycoplasma and given the chickens are already sick the total effect of antibiotics (they kill most bacteria, good and bad) which will reduce the overall capability of the imune system could well make the chickens worse rather than better. One is quite likely to find crop problems and digestive disorders after a course of antibiotics.
Chucking any antibiotic one can get hold of in the hope that it will cure an as yet undiagnosed problem is not the way forward.

Given it seems from your first post your hens may have had various problems it may pay dividends to look at the environment in which you keep them.
Yes thanks well I put them in a brand new coop a few weeks ago because the old one was not a great environment that’s true but also, I’m wondering if when I originally started having problems upon finding lice, and I used diatomaceous earth, I wonder if that’s what caused the problem with her face being puffy, and her eyes looking irritated, and all the head shaking ,, if the DE may have irritated her eyes and sinuses, possibly? But again, my other hen is fine. If I can get help with finances, I want to take my sick one to the vet .

They are contagious, but sometimes, not all will get sick. Is the hen that's on Baytril getting better? If she's not showing signs of improvement after 3 days of Baytril, you should stop.
She is showing signs of improvement! I’ve been watching her and watching her and the head shaking is down to a minimum it used to be constant. She looked miserable, but she looks much happier now yay I’m going to finish the five days and then give her probiotics afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom