Still learning. ( I think I'm being over protective)

Mhockeytime

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2018
image.jpg
I have 6 Rouens that are 6 to 7 weeks old and are about the size of a full grown wild mallard. They have a nice house inside a 30x30 pen. I live in Michigan and it's still cold her 20s at night and 35 or so during the day maybe 40. The ducks live in our garage now and I put them in a small makeshift pen on the weekends for a couple of hours. When can I move them to their new house? They will be locked in their house at night and let out in the morning. Do I need to leave them access to food and water at night? Is it still to cold out for them to be in their house outside? The bedding in the outside house will be straw it has Windows that can be opened and closed with wire over them. It also has a open area in the gable for a vent that is also coverd in wire. I don't want them to get cold or sick.

My ducklings are about the same age and have been doing good outside during the day although it's a bit warmer here in Georgia. Try putting them out for the day while you are home so you can keep an eye on them and bring them in if they look cold. Was in the 40s here yesterday and everyone was napping in their pool. I'm over protective too so they are still coming inside at night. Their coop looks nice and cozy :) Good luck with your babies, warmer weather will be coming soon!

Back
Top Bottom