still two eggs in the nest what to do?

missfitfarm

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
my banty has been sitting on her eggs and 6 of the eight have hatched last weekend 5 babies made it and are fine four hatched on saturday and one on sunday and one on monday thre ae still 2 eggs in the nest that the mom will still sit on though not all day like she was will these last two hatch or should i remove them? sometimes she will roll them out of the nest to make room for her babies during the day but she will stil sit on them is it normal for them to hatch a week apart

I hate to say this, but more and likley those eggs aren't going to hatch. I had a banty (Buffy) setting on 7 and when 5 had hatched she waited 1 more day for the other 2 and when they didn't hatch, she wouldn't set on them no more! And when I broke them open, they wasn't fertile. So I guess she knew that they wasn't going to hatch. So if it was me and she has rolled them out of the nest, I would take them out and gently break them open just in case it had a chick in it. I've read that a rotten egg can give off toxins! So I wouldn't want her to set on them to long and her and the babies get sick! Hope this helps and good luck with your babies!

jumpy.gif

Andi

Back
Top Bottom