Stinky bator in lockdown, BUT NO SMELLY EGGS?

jojolyn71

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Help?! Something is stinky in the bator but I quickly sniffed all the eggs and none of them smelled?? Any ideas? :confused:

Help?! Something is stinky in the bator but I quickly sniffed all the eggs and none of them smelled?? Any ideas?
hu.gif
Not trying to be a smart butt, but what else is in the incubator---other than eggs? If it smells like a rotten egg, it is for sure a rotten egg. Sometimes the water can stink but that usually happens after the chicks start hatching. What day is your eggs on? Did you light them on day 18? You really need to be careful about opening it during the lock down time.

Yes I candled them all on day 18 (yesterday). No leakers and another thread said to quickly smell them (even in lockdown)! Guess I'll just wait and see.

Yes I candled them all on day 18 (yesterday). No leakers and another thread said to quickly smell them (even in lockdown)! Guess I'll just wait and see.
In my opinion, if you got a bad egg now a slight rotten egg smell----it will be real bad in 2/3 more days. Being it is now day 19, "I" would look at the eggs through the window----looking for any sign of a leaking/cracked egg. If you do not see one, "I" would reopen and set all eggs in egg cartons, closing the incubator quickly after removing the eggs. Take a few minutes to smell all the eggs by holding the carton up close to your nose, moving it slowly egg to egg. In my opinion it would be best to open it now than in a day or two while they are hatching. If the smell is not bad----thats your call. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom