1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Stir-Fry Tomato Egg!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bravevline, Dec 14, 2013.

1. bravevline

bravevline Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2013
    This is a very practical dish. its easy to make and many people like it! all you need is four simple ingredients (eggs, tomatoes, salt, and sugar). its best to use a wok if you have one due to the shape and design of the pan. i like more tomato than egg in mine, so i use a large tomatoe for each egg. first, beat the eggs into a bowl so the white and yolk are uniform in mixture. cut the tomatoes into wedges. its best to make many small ones than a few large ones cause it seems to help the juice come out better, which is essential for the finished taste. you can add some seasoning such as chicken powder to the chicken for flavoring if you want; this is optional. then pour the best eggs into your pan. leave it alone in the puddle it forms until it is only nearly have way cooked. then try to turn the egg by flipping small portions. then, without the egg being fully cooked, push it up the side of the wok (you dont want it to finish until the end. pushing the egg to the side of the wok will cause it to cook slower). then, throw in the tomatoe wedges. stir fry them for a bit, then mix in some salt. mix that onto all the tomatoe then put in the sugar (make sure not to get the salt or sugar on the egg. the egg will get flavor from the juice later.). stir-fry the tomatoe and for just a minute more. then put the egg top of the tomatoe and put the cap on your wok, or use foil if your's doesnt have one. bring your burner down to a light summer and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. take the top off and mix it around just a bit and stir-fry a minute or two longer if needed.

now its done and ready to eat!

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    love tomatoes in my eggs !! your making me hungry.

3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    A touch of basil on that tomato - yum!

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your killing me !![​IMG]

5. kimslack

kimslack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    Western NY
    I'll try and perfect this one with my Aldi's tomatoes and when my garden tomatoes come fourth later next summer I'm gonna impress all my friends. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by