stolen chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 1ChicChick, Apr 2, 2016.

1. 1ChicChick

1ChicChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2015
    USA
    I have one very aggressive hen who only likes one other hen. So we have had two small coops with two hens in them. Well one of our hens was stolen. The coop was locked and the cover over the part that can be lifted up was in the exact same spot that it was when I fed them . I don't know what to do with the lone hen. She can't stay by herself. And the other hen does NOT like her. She won't let her in the other little coop. It's not like it's big and she can run very far.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You can keep her by herself but next to the others, you can cull her, or rehomed her. Sometimes being in a smaller coop makes birds aggressive. It is mentally unwell for them, chickens are meant to range over large areas in a day. Maybe if you make a bigger area for them. Just some suggestions.

3. 1ChicChick

1ChicChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2015
    USA
    She likes one out of three. You couldn't put her with the other two. She's just picky. They have a run on both sides of it. They got along just fine separated how they were. I rehome her and you can send me more eggs for free. Since I will be minus two hens.

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Sorry, was just some suggestions.

5. blucoondawg

blucoondawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    Why are you asking for advice if you know it all and are going to bite people's head off for suggesting some options, I'd have some advice for you but with the response you gave old hens I'll let you figure it out yourself.

2 people like this.
  6. rottlady

rottlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Georges Mills, NH
    personally I'd get rid of the aggressive hen, put the other two together and get a couple youngsters for the other pen/coop to raise up as new egg layers. I have zero tolerance for aggressive birds though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by