Stood on wing now he's limping

NettyM

Songster
5 Years
Aug 24, 2017
I accidentally stepped back on to my daughters Indian Runner duck . His wing was under my foot , when he got up he shook himself and flapped his wings , which were fine , but he's now limping ! I checked all down the joint and underneath his foot and everything seems ok , but he's still limping . I feel absolutely awful as I was locking them in their pen for my Daughter and was just reaching to add extra straw in their bed when he got right under my feet . He was getting stressed as I was checking him over so I've just left him in his pen with his mate to be quiet ! Is that the best course of action ?

You stepped on his wing and he has been limping ever since? don't see how that would make him limp did you look and feel his leg and look under his foot[bumble foot]Could some how his leg and wing get stepped on? I'd try and examine again real well and keep him up so he rests and isn't running around. When you check again since it been a while now maybe if there is swelling you can see or feel it.

You stepped on his wing and he has been limping ever since? don't see how that would make him limp did you look and feel his leg and look under his foot[bumble foot]Could some how his leg and wing get stepped on? I'd try and examine again real well and keep him up so he rests and isn't running around. When you check again since it been a while now maybe if there is swelling you can see or feel it.
Yes , I know . I was wondering if he'd wrenched it trying to pull away . I panicked when I saw his wing stuck so I suppose it could've been his leg as well , or foot ! I've been out again and he's still limping . He'll be getting locked in his hut shortly so will be resting it all night . There's nothing underneath his foot at all . I feel terrible , especially as I was supposed to be looking after him for my Daughter !

Listen things happen hopefully by morning he will be fine if he is still limping then another examination in the morning just to make sure his hip is in proper location and no swelling My Runners are always so busy making him rest will be best course for now.

Listen things happen hopefully by morning he will be fine if he is still limping then another examination in the morning just to make sure his hip is in proper location and no swelling My Runners are always so busy making him rest will be best course for now.
Thank you , sometimes someone else can make you feel a bit better about things just with reassurance !

Back
Top Bottom