Stoooopid Neighbors

NO RESPECT!! People amaze me everyday!! So many of the are just so rude, just imagine if there child was hurt. They would have us in court so fast!!
he.gif

One of the reasons I moved, & I do not have a horse anymore (RIP)
But I do have 2 dogs & I have even my front yard fenced in & I had my loony neigbors kid on my property kicking the fence, My older dog just barked & she is wise enough to just ignore the idiot, but my younger one is still Hyper & the kid leaned over the fence & put his face over the fence & My dog leaped up & almost got the kid! I have told this kid numerous times to stay off my property! I even went to his Mom & talked to her & She was Ok, & told the kid to knock it off! BUT this time I was STEAMING MAD!:thun My other neighbor came out & yelled at him, So I waited for him to get back on his Bike, Grabbed A football (dog Toy), Launched it as hard as I could, & BAM!!!
smack.gif
Nailed the little Creep square in the head knocking him off his bike in the street....
th.gif
I came around the side of the house & Said, Oh, thats where it landed...You ok kid? I guess you shouldn't be on my property when I'm playing ball with my dogs....He ran home crying & I saw his Mom & She grounded him, Havent seen him since. I know that is as immature as it gets, But I just couldn't go threw another summer of keeping my dogs locked up because his parents don't do any parenting with this brat & what happens when I get chickens? I think I made it clear now.

We haven't ever had trouble with neighbors, but we have had trouble with people driving down the road deciding that the cute horseys look hungry. UGH! Before we had a house with land, we boarded at a barn. The pastures went right up to a busy road. About 5 feet to be exact. People had always stopped and fed our horses carrots, apples, and other treats, and even after the owner of the barn put up Do Not Feed The Horses signs, people would STILL feed them. One day they went to far. A lady who also boarded her horses at the barn emailed my mom and said that her horses were on a website!
ep.gif
Mom looked and sure enough, Preston, our draft/paint cross and Sierra, Mom's arabian, were both on a website. Apparently, a photographer and his family had been coming every day,messing with the horses, and taking pictures with them!!! They said that they had named Preston Buttercup and Sierra Star. Mom was so mad! I was too. I hate it when people mess with other people's pets without permission. If they would have come down to the barn and asked, we probably would have let them come and pet the horses for a bit. People can be so annoying.....
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Another thought - dh's aunt's horses suddenly began getting sick and colicking. She found out that her neighbors were enjoying the horsies on the other side of the fence too, and giving them "treats." The "treats" were ALL of their grass clippings - which are bad news for horses. Of course, the people had no idea and were just trying to be nice, but it shows that you should ALWAYS ask before feeding anything to someone else's animals - or messing with them in any way at all. It's just common sense, as well as common courtesy.

I know what you mean.

There was a guy on our hay field across the road a few months ago. He was there everyday. My mom would walk out on our front porch and look at him anf\\d he would run off. Well, he finally had the nerve to walk to our house and ask if it is ok! Well, that is our valueable hay field and there was huge tire tracks all over it! They are still there. He said he was trapping in our property! We are not trappers, hunter, etc. So that made us mad. Then we found out that that same guy was trapping on our naturalist friend's property down the road. He was trapping otters!!!!! There are VERY few otters around here and our friend found one dead in his trap on her property. What a shame. Both of us have No Hunting, No trespassing, etc signs on our property.

I feel your pain.

it amazes me that people are frequently so careless . . .
i would be terrified to take children onto an unknown property without permission! what if you had big dogs or other ornery animals prowling about? etc. etc. etc.
(i think you handled the situation calmly and with a lot of grace.)

people!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom