Storage egg's prior incubation

Josip

Crowing
Sep 20, 2019
Croatia
What's the longest I can storage egg's prior incubation.
I know 7 days is optimal but I want put in incubator egss from only one hen , she is big, best layer with good character.

Under controlled temperature and humidity, I have kept eggs as long as 21 days with good hatch rates. I would say two weeks easily. Just think how long it takes a hen to build a clutch prior to going broody.

Under controlled temperature and humidity, I have kept eggs as long as 21 days with good hatch rates. I would say two weeks easily. Just think how long it takes a hen to build a clutch prior to going broody.
She lays 6 eggs weekly so two weeks is ok 12 egss is good option.

Some broody type hens will lay 15-16 eggs in a hidden nest and in three weeks time show up with that many chicks. Most hens do not lay an egg every day so it's pretty certain that it took 3 weeks for that many eggs to be laid before brooding starts. From that I'd recommend that you save eggs for two weeks and then incubate. In this way you have a great chance of all the eggs being viable.

Some broody type hens will lay 15-16 eggs in a hidden nest and in three weeks time show up with that many chicks. Most hens do not lay an egg every day so it's pretty certain that it took 3 weeks for that many eggs to be laid before brooding starts. From that I'd recommend that you save eggs for two weeks and then incubate. In this way you have a great chance of all the eggs being viable.
I would be happy with 10 hatched 😍

Back
Top Bottom