Storing Fertile eggs

I would candle again on day14 to check if the egg has started developing if not I would remove it then. Sometimes they don't show any development until further on in incubation. Me personally if I have eggs I'm not sure about I try to smell my incubator to make sure nothing is going off in it.

I bought a digital humidifier gauge and its been showing 55%. The middle hardly has any water left. Should i take all the water out so I can get lower than 50%.

First I would make sure your hygrometer has been in there a while to get a true reading. Then yes remove some water to get it down once you have got used to your incubator you will know how much you need to add to get it too the right humidity everything comes with time and the more experience you gain the easier it becomes to know what is best for you and your incubator.

I would first check the accuracy of your digital hygrometer. It probably is wrong. As far as lowering humidity, it depends on your incubator. To lower humidity you have to reduce the surface area of the water. For instance, if you have one reservoir, filling it half full shouldn't affect the humidity, because the surface area hasn't changed. If you have 2 reservoirs and you only fill one the humidity should go down.

Hey guys!
D.gif

I was just wondering if I leave fertile eggs outside for 6-7 days and then put them under a broody hen/ in an incubator, will they still be okay to hatch?
I know about not keeping them in the fridge if you want them to hatch but is it okay if they stay outside?
Thanks heaps
tongue.png

I had mine in the refrigerator for 3 days and all of them hatched. My brother in laws dad has chicken houses for tyson chicken and he is the one who told me about the refrigerator that he puts them in there for 3-4 days before tysons chicken comes and gets them and brings them to the hatchery....it slows down the growth until they are ready to be put in the incubators..

I had mine in the refrigerator for 3 days and all of them hatched. My brother in laws dad has chicken houses for tyson chicken and he is the one who told me about the refrigerator that he puts them in there for 3-4 days before tysons chicken comes and gets them and brings them to the hatchery....it slows down the growth until they are ready to be put in the incubators..

I thought you couldn't keep them in the fridge because it will kill the chick or something but to know that all of yours hatched is great!
Well, you learn something knew everyday :)
Thank you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom