Stormed in NC last night...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    ...and I slept right through it. [​IMG]

I woke up to this:
    This branch broke and fell about 40 feet and almost clobbered my maple tree me and DH planted when we bought this place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Moo Moo checking out the damage:
    [​IMG]

Luckily nothing is damaged.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Stormed here, too, Trisha. It really pounded.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    DH said there was a huge branch down in the front and I was like "how on earth did that happen"...he said "are you kidding? You didn't hear the storm last night? It was storming hard!" I never heard not one clap of thunder all night. I was dead to the world. [​IMG]

4. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Songster

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I think it rained here last night to. A couple of weeks ago, we had branches in our yard to.

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Songster

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Trisha, we did not get a single drop here in Sanford. I'm just glad your damage was minimal, it looks like it could have been much worse.

6. silkhope

silkhope Songster

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I was gonna say the same thing Laura, not a drop. Send the rain our way, even if it is a storm! [​IMG]

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Songster

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Ashley I think WRAL said last night that we are going to get some rain tonight. I hope so anyway. It sure will help with the water bill, I won't have to water the garden.

8. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    we had some wind a rain early in the afternoon but it got sunny and it was beautiful and breezy last night its really nice today only about 80 with a nice breeze and sunny the hens are really laying 10 eggs yesterday from 11 hens and I am sitting out and they are certainly screaming his afternoon! I am glad nothing was damaged it is always scary to have trees break around your.

Henry

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I have a rainstick. Anyone need rain? I swear everytime it gets too dry around here, I just wave my rainstick - in an hour or so, I get rain. My sister lives a few miles away and doesn't get any rain.

I just need to figure out how to send it out to people who need it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: