Stormed in NC last night...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    ...and I slept right through it. [​IMG]

I woke up to this:
    This branch broke and fell about 40 feet and almost clobbered my maple tree me and DH planted when we bought this place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Moo Moo checking out the damage:
    [​IMG]

Luckily nothing is damaged.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Stormed here, too, Trisha. It really pounded.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    DH said there was a huge branch down in the front and I was like "how on earth did that happen"...he said "are you kidding? You didn't hear the storm last night? It was storming hard!" I never heard not one clap of thunder all night. I was dead to the world. [​IMG]

4. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I think it rained here last night to. A couple of weeks ago, we had branches in our yard to.

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Trisha, we did not get a single drop here in Sanford. I'm just glad your damage was minimal, it looks like it could have been much worse.

6. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I was gonna say the same thing Laura, not a drop. Send the rain our way, even if it is a storm! [​IMG]

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Ashley I think WRAL said last night that we are going to get some rain tonight. I hope so anyway. It sure will help with the water bill, I won't have to water the garden.

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    we had some wind a rain early in the afternoon but it got sunny and it was beautiful and breezy last night its really nice today only about 80 with a nice breeze and sunny the hens are really laying 10 eggs yesterday from 11 hens and I am sitting out and they are certainly screaming his afternoon! I am glad nothing was damaged it is always scary to have trees break around your.

Henry

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I have a rainstick. Anyone need rain? I swear everytime it gets too dry around here, I just wave my rainstick - in an hour or so, I get rain. My sister lives a few miles away and doesn't get any rain.

I just need to figure out how to send it out to people who need it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by