Story of the Pip family- fairytale

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
Once upon a time, a group of white adult silkies were brought up by some farm-breeders. They were healthy and well kept, but something was missing; a home.
Then, one day, a family came along to the farm, and picked two chickens. they were named Pippin and Fries. They were put in a large box and driven home.
That night, they arrived at home, they were fast asleep in the box so their new family placed them in the coop to sleep.
The next morning, they were let outside. They ate, drank and explored their new home; they were always side by side.
DSC_0004.JPG
Every day for the next year they went outside, ate, drank and scratched around for food.
Then they were told the news, they would get new friends.
"What are these people talking about?" Said Fries
"Something about chicks. I hope none of the newbies challenge me! I am the leader of this flock!" Said Pippin
"yes, if anyone's raising chicks it should be you!!!" Fried stated
"Good idea! I wanna be a mom!!!" Pippin exclaimed
20210308_084531_HDR.jpg

The eggs were in the incubator already. But Pippin had other plans- she had gone broody on a supermarket egg the humans gave her.
20201108_122805_HDR.jpg

A few weeks later, the babies had hatched from the incubator- two silver partridge eBay silkie chicks called Pickles and Kiwi. Loud and adorable, they snuggled under the heat lamp.
IMG-20210312-WA0062.jpg

The next day- another baby was helped out of the shell- Blue.
IMG-20210314-WA0012.jpg

5 weeks later....
"what are these tiny brown pompoms running around?" Clucked Fries
"What are they doing in MY run?" Pippin questioned, threateningly
"at least we get to free range when they are in there!" Fries replied
"the door's opening! Let's go get a snack!!!" Pippin told Fries
"The human and the chicks are in there, though?!" Fries said
"Bah, what will they do? I am the leader!!!" Pippin exclaimed

as the hens approached the door, a small chick named Kiwi rushed over to them. Pippin stared down at her.

"Hello!!!" Kiwi chirped
"Who are you?" Pippin asked her
"ooh what's that blue thingy?" kiwi gasped, pecking Pippin's cheek.
Pippin darted her head up and Kiwi ran off.

"did you see that?!" Fries said, surprised
"it was just a peck, Fries. She is kinda cute- a shame my egg didn't hatch!" said Pippin, looking down at kiwi again.
Screenshot_20210421-182903.png

The other chicks watched in amazement as Kiwi ran back up to Pippin, pecking her again!!!
"haha good one, sis!" giggled Pickles
"Be careful!!!" cried Blue

"How disrespectful- I am glad I didn't get a chick- they are monsters!" cried Pippin, her neck feathers slowly rising in anger.
The human started to walk over to control the situation, scaring Pippin and Fries away.

Thats my flock- haha
IMG-20210403-WA0017~2.jpg

DSC_0097.JPG

Last edited:
That is adorable!
Why didn’t you give the eggs to Pippin when she went broody? Did the dates not line up? I gave my broody Silkie some day old baby chicks from TSC and she adopted them right away!
Btw, I have a Ragdoll named Pippin💕

That is adorable!
Why didn’t you give the eggs to Pippin when she went broody? Did the dates not line up? I gave my broody Silkie some day old baby chicks from TSC and she adopted them right away!
Btw, I have a Ragdoll named Pippin💕
We wanted to have a go raising the chicks ourselves. We didn't want to take the eggs out and risk her giving up on them, so we gave her a supermarket egg to practice on (she stayed on for 21 days but she kept on dropping the egg off of the nest box and it got cold)
I named her after Peregrin 'Pippin' Took from Lord of the rings

We wanted to have a go raising the chicks ourselves. We didn't want to take the eggs out and risk her giving up on them, so we gave her a supermarket egg to practice on (she stayed on for 21 days but she kept on dropping the egg off of the nest box and it got cold)
I named her after Peregrin 'Pippin' Took from Lord of the rings
Oh yea.. I understand... glad you got some babies either way💕
And yea, same with our Pippin😁... then we got another kitty and tried talking my daughter into Merry... but she said no and instead her name is Teddy Jo😄

Back
Top Bottom